[TowerTalk] Rohn Self Support Chart Says.......

Dan Hammill kb5my at starband.net
Fri May 12 13:22:01 EDT 2006

Rohn's data regarding the self-supporting capabilities of 25G (RH-25) is
based on well-established structural engineering calculations with a
significant safety factor thrown in.  I wouldn't be surprised if they've
also performed some finite element analysis computer modeling in recent
years to back up their calculations.

With all due respect to Steve, his statements are not based on engineering
calculations or FEA modeling - nor is he a licensed structural P.E.  He has
also stated often to do what the manufacturer says.

I'd say Radian/Rohn would have my vote for starters.  You may also need to
have a structural P.E. licensed in your state do another set of calcs based
on your specific soil type and local windspeed zone classification, because
Rohn's calcs don't take every soil type into account.

73,
Dan  KB5MY/6