[TowerTalk] Rohn Self Support Chart Says.......

Daron J. Wilson daron at wilson.org
Sat May 13 00:41:12 EDT 2006

I believe the older catalog did not show guy wires or specific guying at all
until 40 feet.  While you could order, buy and install a 30 foot tower,
there were not any engineered solutions for guy wires on it (as I recall).
I'll have to dig for the catalog as well.

I would agree that based on the design of the tower, it is not intended to
be freestanding.  However, I've got a couple that are poured base, anchored
at the roofline, and 20-30' above the anchor point unguyed.  Of course it
all depends on what you put on it.

Good Luck!