[TowerTalk] Rohn Self Support Chart Says.......

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Sat May 13 13:47:13 EDT 2006

I think what they meant is if you construct it as a guyed tower it is
not self supporting at any height.  That is what it says.  A bracketed
tower is neither guyed nor free standing so the comment does not apply.

Rohn has a base design for a free standing R25 tower.  It needs lots of
concrete for a very short and low load free standing tower.  To
construct a free standing R25 is in my opinion a poor use of resources.
They do work fine as light poles or Martin house supports to 20 feet
built that way.  As a tower to hold up antennas there are much better
ways to accomplish the mission.

This discussion started out as "free standing" and migrated to house
bracketed and then to guyed.  They are all very different things.  Do
not assume.  Use the correct description and correct drawings for your
intended application.  73 bob de w9ge