[TowerTalk] Mirror Ball Award

RICHARD BOYD ke3q at msn.com
Wed May 24 10:05:21 EDT 2006

Contesting.com is down at the moment, so I'll post this here first.

I want to thank all who supported me for the lifetime achievement award at the Contest Banquet in Dayton, aka "The Mirror Ball Award."  Unfortunately, someone walked away with the Mirror Ball.  Please send it to my FCC database address, which was recently updated!  I need it as part of my Sweepstakes prep regimen.

Kimiko (Mirror Ball girl) and I flew immediately to Puerto Rico for a beach vacation, since the Icom bikini team was doing their photo shoot and had invited us along to hang out.  N6BV is working on VOAAREA to tweak our signal from WP3R.  He already has found a flaw in our operation; at times we were only 60 db over S9 on a band or two.  He has already found us three db more on 20M.  The new 80M fullsize yagi will also be helpful.

QRX....Kimiko, can you bring me another pina colada?  Oops, my mask and snorkel are in the way.

Anyway, thank you all.  You made Dayton 2006 memorable.

73 - Rich, KE3Q (aka WP3R and/or WP3Q -- Sweepstakes category B -- or maybe A.  Or maybe U.  Or maybe M.  Or maybe Q.)