[TowerTalk] 2 pier pins

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Fri May 26 02:10:33 EDT 2006

Jon,

The Rohn flat base plate is designed to be used with one pier pin, in the hole centered between the 3 legs.

I've found some of these with an extra hole out near the edge -- maybe for attaching a rope for carrying. Others I've seen have had four smaller holes out hear the edge,  apparently for bolting to a concrete base rather than using the pier pin.

The idea of the single pier pin is that the tower can rotate on it when it is twisting in the wind -- rather than twisting the tower itself.

pix of mine at www.aa1k.us.

73/Jon AA1K