[TowerTalk] Guy Wire Tension Question

mini mini at eil.ae
Tue May 30 08:11:49 EDT 2006

Gentlemen,

Good day! This request is from Dubai.

Our Company Emirates Industrial Laboratory (Website : eillab.com) have been awarded a contract for “On Line Inspection of HP & LP Flare Stacks” in Abu Dhabi Gas Liquefaction Company (GASCO) in Abu Dhabi.  As part of the work scope, we are required to measure the tension in Guy Wires ( Ø3/4” Wire rope, material of wire rope complying with ISO 2232) used to secure the flare stocks.  In this context, we request you the following.

1.            Identify and quote for the supply of suitable (least expensive) equipment to measure the tensions in Guy Wire.

2.            Describe how to use the equipment.

3.            Describe how to order the equipment and what would be the delivery.

4.            Forward equipment brochure and the method of tension measured by Email.

Response per return  appreciated.

Best regards

K.N. Hegde

Resident Manager