[TowerTalk] 2m/70cm beam on HF Tribander boom

Dan Zimmerman N3OX n3ox at n3ox.net
Wed Nov 1 14:59:54 EST 2006

 You could redesign the A2706S to work on the A3S's boom.  It won't
 interact much with the ELEMENTS provided you're talking about vertical
 and not horizontal polarization.

 However, the boom for the A3S is MUCH bigger than the boom for the
A2706S, I'd expect, and will probably noticeably detune the elements.
I'd consider mounting the ENTIRE A2706S at the front end of the A3S's
boom instead.  Just make an adapter and hang it of the forward end.
It might be worth adding a counterweight at the other end of the boom,
I don't know, but I expect that the 2m/70cm beam is pretty light.
 Dan