[TowerTalk] Winch cable for a LM354

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 16:40:14 EST 2006

In a message dated 10/26/2006 7:18:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Use 1/4 inch SS cable and you will have no trouble in the  future...

Umm, only if the existing cable is 1/4". You  can't put bigger cables on a
crank-up because the pulleys will only take the  original size. I suspect the
LM354 uses 3/16" cable.

    Different cables of the same OD will be close  enough so if you want to
use SS, I don't know of any reason why not. The  original cable is probably
7x19 stranded so you'd want to get the same in SS.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams