[TowerTalk] "A Horizontal Loop for 80 Meter DX"

D. Scott MacKenzie kb0fhp at comcast.net
Thu Nov 2 23:51:59 EST 2006

It does work for DX.  I have done it.  You have to get it up in the air a
considerable amount - However, it is primarily a cloud burner, with most of
the radiation straight up in the air.  I personally would rather use it as a
vertical loop to work DX, being feed at a corner.  One nice thing about it,
it that it will tune on just about all bands with a suitable tuner.  Feeding
with a 4:1 balun, and then ladder line - it works well.  It will primarily
work stateside contacts....with occasional DX...This is the antenna I prefer
for FD, as it has good stateside coverage, with a good signal.

Scott