[TowerTalk] Questions about Irrigation Pipe for Verticals

Pat Chiles chilesp at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 3 10:27:52 EST 2006

I am in the process of putting together a project that will consist of phased 1/4 wave verticals for 80 meters.  For my QTH the most cost effective resource of aluminum tubing is 3 inch irrigation pipe.  The wall thickness is .050 and it comes in 10, 20, and 30 foot lengths.  Since I will have to transport it myself I will probably buy the 20 ft lengths.  I am wondering what some of you have done to splice sections together?  How you varied the length of the vertical for adjusting the SWR.?  Finally, How did you get it vertical?  Thanks

Pat, K8PC