[TowerTalk] HyTower Puzzle

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Nov 8 07:05:46 EST 2006

That is not correct.  Any wire will work.  It is connected to the bottom of
the stinger and the sum length of the wire and the aluminum stinger
determines the resonance on 75 and 20(where it is a 3/4 wavelength
radiator).  I use a piece of AWG 12 solid in my homebrew version.  If the
wire is slack it probably means that the stinger slid down.  It needs to be
tight.
BTW, I have 80 radials under mine and it works great on 75, 40 and 20.  I
don't bother with 10 or 15 or 160.
Bob  W6TR