[TowerTalk] Coax Crimp Tool

N7KA at comcast.net N7KA at comcast.net
Thu Nov 9 01:26:09 EST 2006

There are crimp tools, and there are crimp tools.  The not-so-good inexpensive crimp tools depend on how strong you can squeeze to make a "good"?? crimp (try using one of these all day long).

The best but more expensive use a rachet that ensure a consistent crimp that is INDEPENDENT of the person using it.  The tool will not release until the operator has completed the crimp.

Its a case of you get what you pay for.  At work we have rachet type for coax.  Lot of N connectors on RG-214.   SMA and BNC also on several different smaller coax, RG-58, RG-142.  NO UHF connectors though.   Darn.

Arne N7KA
From: Al nsixtez <n6tez at yahoo.com>