[TowerTalk] altitude

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 10 16:27:43 EST 2006

The perception may come from knowing that a VHF repeater antenna makes
longer distance contacts possible as it gets higher, clear of line-of-sight
obstructions.  Put that repeater on a 1000 foot peak surrounded by nearby
1100 foot peaks and the fallacy of altitude advantage thinking becomes
clear.

73, Keith NM5G