[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-50MT2 rotor mounting

Rick arm at uniontel.net
Wed Nov 15 13:32:38 EST 2006

Hello all, I have purchased on old Hy-Gain HG-50MT2 crankup tower and was
planning on mounting a Ham III or IV on the top. This tower doesn't have a
rotor shelf inside of the top section, just a platform on the very top. I am
concerned that this is not ideal. My tower has a total wind load of 6 sq ft.
Does anyone know if there is a rotor shelf available for these old towers??
Does the rotor just bolt to the top platform with the 4 little 5/16 bolts or
is there some kind of mount the rotator should be mounted to first?? Also
will a Ham III fit inside of the top section??

Thanks for any info,

73,Rick