[TowerTalk] Overlapping or soldered radials for 4 Square?

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Mon Nov 20 15:45:19 EST 2006

Hello Tonno!

At the end of the day there is probably little if any difference between the two
methods you described.

I opted for your choice #1 when I installed my Comtek 4 squares
(two for 80 meters, one on 20 and one on 10 with 3 more coming this winter!).

I used 3 inch copper strap for the buss connection point.
The buss interconnects each vertical to the other forming an "X".

The pictures on the K3LR web site show the installation in action.
http://www.k3lr.com

I'll look for your big signal on 1.8 MC this weekend!

73!
Tim K3LR