[TowerTalk] Copper wire prices

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 20 19:04:37 EST 2006

At 02:30 PM 11/20/2006, K8RI on TowerTalk wrote:

> [...]

Lots of online places quoting $60ish for a 1000ft
of RG-6. Granted you're not getting the super
quad shield drive a truck over it and it still
works.  BUT, it's probably moderately rugged for burial..

About 10 years ago, I had a job where we needed
more than 50,000 ft of wire, and the kind didn't
matter.  At that time, we found that thin speaker
zipcord was cheapest. I think it was 18ga, but don't remember for sure.