[TowerTalk] 6-8 pin connectors

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Nov 22 07:27:43 EST 2006

It really is fairly amazing what current can be handled by a relatively small pin, as compared to the huge Cinch-Jones things.  I use ordinary DIN plugs for some of my control cable disconnects.  The contacts are rated for 1 amp at 100 volts, or thereabouts.  My C-J plugs require fairly constant attention with CAIG anti-oxidation stuff, or they get flakey in places like rotator pot connections - low voltage low current.

73, Pete N4ZR