[TowerTalk] Ground - at base of tower or entrance to house?

K8RI on TowerTalk K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Nov 22 22:25:43 EST 2006

What I did here was to tie the pig tails at the top of the tower (which also
form the rotator loops) to the cables coming down the tower using N
connectors and a double female connector. Those connectors are st rapped to
a tower leg for grounding.   I do the same thing at the bottom of the tower
even on the LMR 600 for UHF and VHF before it makes the loop into the box
for the 4" conduit when it's installed.

At the entrance to the house is a Hoffman box with a 1/4" think Aluminum
grounding plate. Here I have the Pholyphasers that again ground the coax
shield (the plate is tied to a ground rod under the box and into the
grounding network for the house and tower)

With the extensive grounding system I'm not so sure I even need the
arrestors, but I have them so they are thre.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)