[TowerTalk] Simulating mounting plates in YW

Gary - N3JPU n3jpu at speakeasy.net
Thu Nov 23 08:31:54 EST 2006

OK, I must of missed this in the ARRL Ant book, what is the formula for
simulating the effects of the mounting plate in YW? The YW.pdf tells you
what the equivalent is but does not tell you how it got there. I have a 3" x
6" x .125" mounting plate I need to fit into the equation.

The only other reference is what I see in the antenna files such as:

"NOTE: the lengths of the 0.875" o.d. sections have
been reduced by the lengths of the 3.0360" o.d.
sections to simulate 5" x 6" x 0.375" plates."

Thanks

Gary Mitchelson
N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD  FM19
USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU
MD/DC State MARS Director AFF1MD
USAF MARS Technical Services Manager AFN1TS
http://www.mitchelson.org/