[TowerTalk] BIG array

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Nov 23 18:35:28 EST 2006

A discussion of this array was on towertalk about a year ago.  I don't
recall if anyone ever found out his purpose for designing and building this
system.  For normal HF communication there is no advantage for having a
elevation rotator and being so high, there are a lot of higher angle nulls
in the radiation pattern, unless he can compensate by element and phasing
adjustments.  If not, there will be many times that a roof mounted tribander
will be significantly louder.  I had hoped that K9LTN would tell us more
about how he uses this monster antenna system.

John KK9A