[TowerTalk] BIG array

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Nov 24 13:30:05 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/22/2006 9:05:27 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I would hope that they could split of specific antennas  for various
purposes.  4 over 4 over 4 on 20 and 4 over 4 over 4 on 15  would be pretty
nice!  Being that they are SteppIR's they can be  anything from 6 to 20
meters.  One man's junk is another man's  treasure.

    I was told that one of the design flaws was that  all of the feedlines go
to ONE balun. That'd make it pretty tough to diagnosis  a problem with one of
the antennas. I don't know what the switching scheme if  any.

>  I applaud those that try something new and wild.   This array, the 6
element
40 that was criticized here which is now on the  air.  Congrats to them!

         Yep. It takes a lot  of vision and dedication to do something so
out-of-the-box.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH