[TowerTalk] Shortened Antennas for 160

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Nov 25 16:26:56 EST 2006

crawfish wrote:
> There are a couple of guys advertising shortened 160m antennas on QTH want
> ads all the time.Quite sure they use loading coils.
>                                                   Joe W4AAB

Do yourself a favor and use top loading wires.  I simply
fasten the top loading wires to the top set of guy ropes
using "ty-raps"  (use the black UV proof type).
You can eliminate or reduce the loading inductance this way,
plus you get the radiation resistance up, which means less
ground loss.

Rick N6RK