[TowerTalk] Need HF Vertical opinions...

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Sun Nov 26 13:54:56 EST 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 08:00:36 -0800 (PST), "R. David Eagle"
 <kb8nnu at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am going to be relocating to a new QTH and was looking at getting a  new multiband vertical.  I would like to have something that would be for 40 - 15 meters.   I know there are lots of options out there, but just not sure which ones are really worth the money.  I have been steering more thowards the Hy-Gain.  Any help or opinions would greatly be appreciated.

One thing you didn't mention is how much power you will be running.
Many if not all of the multiband verticals will not take full legal
power, especially with carrier modes like RTTY. If you plan to run
such modes, you probably would be better off to build your own.

How much area do you have for radials?

Bill, W6WRT