[TowerTalk] ACCESS BOX

K8RI on TowerTalk K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Nov 27 16:02:09 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "TOMMY HALIBURTON" <ROCKETJ10 at MSN.COM>
To: "towertalk" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Cc: <rocketj10 at msn.com>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 8:55 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] ACCESS BOX

I've seen a number of answers most of which should work well.

Clear to the bottom of the page is the cable box coming into the house. It's
a fairly large page.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower.htm

A similar, but larger box at the tower.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm
About the only thing that hasn't changed is the box mounted on the tower.
Even the cables have been rerouted and made much neater.  The conduit no
longer comes through the basement wall and the grounding is in the box on
the outside of the house. I'll update the photos once I get things together.

NOTE: These boxes are made to take an internal back plate that goes on stand
offs. I used 1/4" Aluminum in the box where it goes in the house. The
Aluminum is grounded, the polyphasers mount on it, and groudning bulkhead
connectors for the satellite system are mounted on it.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)