[TowerTalk] Cap at the tower question

Clint Talmadge unclebudd at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 28 12:46:23 EST 2006

During the "What size rotor control cable" thread a few mentioned in their answers mounting the Cap at the tower (or rotor) to eliminate the cable run to the control box.  It has been my intention to mount the cap on the bottom of the Hazer for two reasons. One the aforementioned elimination of the cable run and the fact that I found a 130-156 MFD 330 VAC cap that is larger than the original and will not fit in the control box.  So here is the question. Is there a downside to mounting the cap outside?  I realize I have to come up with a weather proof box and wire feed through but being the Department Manager of the Electrical and Plumbing departments at my local Lowe's HIW makes that part easy.

Your views and opinions are welcome.

Clint - W5CPT