[TowerTalk] How do you separate aluminium tubes that are stuck together ?

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Wed Nov 29 09:19:16 EST 2006

Aluminium?   :)

A method I've used with excellent results is to lubricate the aluminum tubes as best as possible, then hammer the end of the stuck tube from the inside of the larger  tube.  This can be done with a slightly smaller diameter tube that slides easiily inside the larger diameter tubing.

I suggest you do not twist the tubes, there's a significant risk of galling and cold welding the tubes if you do.

73!
Frank
W3LPL