[TowerTalk] stacking monobanders

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Nov 29 11:30:06 EST 2006

Your are absolutely correct.  I didn't try to include that in my quick
model because I was only trying to show that parasitic coupling can
affect what Rick observed for the three antennas fed separately.  I
didn't know what feedline lengths he used or if the unused ones were
shorted or left open.  I do take the feedlines into account when I model
stuff for myself, and as you say they have a very big effect.   I didn't
even know if Rick's Inverted-V's were resonant or not ... I assumed they
were but the results would be significantly different if they weren't.
To top it off, I assumed that the three Inverted-V's had the same apex
angle.  There would be more even coupling between the three antennas if
instead the ends were all tied off at common points.  I guess it's no
wonder everyone has different experiences and different impressions of
what works and what doesn't on the subject of antennas, with so many
influences on real life results.

73,
Dave  AB7E

save the cheerleader ... save the world