[TowerTalk] Stretching THHN house wiring

BRENT BAUM brentbaum5323 at msn.com
Wed Nov 29 15:30:17 EST 2006

Interesting technique. I'm willing to bet 3 rusted tower bolts that 80 to
90% of the time the wire broke where it was connected to either the fence
post or the car. Sharp bends and knots are usually the weakest points,
whether it's antenna wire or climbing rope.

A note of caution when using this technique: tie a large rag or two on the
wire to reduce the whipping action when it breaks, and keep dogs and small
children at a safe distance.

73 K7MEI, Brent