[TowerTalk] Rust on Tower Cable

Fritz Hurd fred.hurd at cox.net
Wed Nov 29 16:23:16 EST 2006

Hi Guys  - I have a motor driven US Tower that I installed six years ago and still works great (Model 472). Recently I have noticed a rust build-up on the cable around the motor drive pulleys but not up the tower. My question is whether or not this is a potential problem that could weaken the cable. The cable looks and moves fine, but it is turning brown with rust around the motor area. I suppose I could cover the motor and lower pulleys with tarp, but I'm not sure that is necessary...any sugestions from your experiences?  FRITZ W4PKU