[TowerTalk] Tower Question

K8RI on TowerTalk K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Oct 1 17:03:25 EDT 2006

>>But, what is the best way to make
>>sure that each post is 90 Degrees ?
>>
>>Rope it with guys till the concrete cures ?
>
> ------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------
>
> Guys are the way to go but I'd use something more rigid like wood 2x2s
> or similar. You don't want your guys to stretch in the wind, even a
> little bit.

How about both?
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower13.htm

This is how I set the bottom two sections for my 45-G
The wood frame supports the sections to keep them from sinking through the
crushed rock at the bottom of the hole as well as helping to keep them
straight.  Then I used 3/16" galvanized wire rope as guy wires to keep the
sections plumb.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com