[TowerTalk] LMR-400 vs. CommScope vs. Belden

K8RI on TowerTalk K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Oct 4 00:05:02 EDT 2006

Compromises, compromises...Go with cheap coax and you save money but have to
reduce the power. Well, maybe you could use it in the UHF driver circuits.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the sites, but I didn't find any prices.  I
wish they'd put those up front instead of two or three layers down.

I just found a price on LMR 600 for about $1.29 to $1.39 a foot.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)

Yeah, I'd have to go out in the garage and turn the secondary amp down a
bit.
Tom W7WHY

What??? Only 10.4 kW???

Dang! That rules out the CommScope cable for me, except for my mobile
installation I guess...

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Check out CommScope WBC 600 and Andrew CNT-600. The Andrew is a direct
substitute, the CommScope is a bit different. Watch the power
rating--CommScope is only 10.4 kW while the others are 40 kW!--Mike, WV2ZOW