[TowerTalk] Tower Guy Anchors

Adrian Rees rees.a at btconnect.com
Wed Oct 4 09:18:26 EDT 2006

Hi
Has anyone used the Platipus Earth Anchors ?

If so which ones, and what Tower height / loading ?

I have spoken to the local Platipus agent in the UK, and they want to come out and conduct a Ground Survey. Whilst I can see the safety reasoning behind this, all I want to do is replace the usual Stake in the Ground with something more substantial.

Tower heights are 60 Foot and 80 Foot, with sets of guys every 20 Feet above ground. 3 Guys to a set (ie 120 Degrees between each one).

The Towers are Telescopic, so the lower set of guys will be Stainless Steel (lowest section will be fixed) and I reckon on Kevlar or Phillystran for the rest.

Maybe you guys have a few ideas ?

Thanks

Adrian MW1LCR