[TowerTalk] Wasps and tower climbing

Cameron ccrum at dot11net.com
Wed Oct 4 16:54:34 EDT 2006

I get this every fall as well. Wear long sleeves, long pants, and gloves. I
got some twall (sp?) which is just some fine mesh material from my wife's
sewing stuff and fashioned a "bee keepers" hat out of it by just putting it
over my head, stuffing the ends down into my collar, and putting a baseball
cap on top. While I got hit by a lot of flying wasps, they pretty much
ignored me as long as I didn't mess with them, no stings. They seemed to be
looking for a place to hide for the winter or something. I've seen it on
several of my towers in different locations. When they swarm like this, a
can of spray does little but piss them off. On my towers, there were
thousands.....not just a nest full. It's strange because I didn't know wasps
swarmed like this, but I've seen it every year for about three years now.

Cameron