[TowerTalk] Info on Andrew FHJ4-50?

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Thu Oct 5 22:22:45 EDT 2006

Jack,

FHJ4-50 is an old version of Heliax, when Heliax was actually helical.  Your cable is probably 30-40 years old.  Connectors are often available at hamfests, with part numbers that begin with 44, such as 44AP for the UHF male connector.

Unfortunately, the 44 series connectors are not waterproof, so serious precautions need to be taken to avoid waterlogged cable.

73!
Frank
W3LPL