[TowerTalk] Stacking V-UHF antennas.

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 02:15:11 EDT 2006

Julio Peralta wrote:
>Am I correct in my thinking that when you stack 2 antennas the E-plane
>beamwidth is halved. In my case I'm going to stack 2 VHF beams for 2M
>that have a 35 degree E-plan beamwidth I think it will be 17.5 degrees
>after stacking them one above the other. I also think the H-plane
>beamwidth will not change.
>
>Am I right or wrong?

If you stack two horizontally polarized yagis one above the other, the
E-plane (horizontal) beamwidth stays the same. The H-plane (vertical)
beamwidth is reduced, but not exactly halved.

For more details, follow the link to "Stacking Yagis" from the VHF DX
area of my home page.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek