[TowerTalk] US Tower questions

Alan NV8A nv8a at att.net
Thu Oct 12 15:20:22 EDT 2006

I ordered my HDX-555 and have already received the base plate and bolts
by UPS (extra charge for advance shipping of those items), but I have a
couple of questions that US Tower has not yet answered, so perhaps
somebody here has the answers.

1. The mounting bolts came with three nuts each, but the drawings and
installation instructions indicate only two. Is the extra nut to be used
above the mounting plate as a lock-nut (a more scientific method of
preventing the nut loosening than striking the protruding threads of the
bolt, as shown on the drawing)? Or is it to be used as a lock-nut
*under* the mounting plate to prevent movement of the leveling nut?

2. A note on the drawing of the Raising Fixture points out that the part
to which the winch is attached may slope backwards away from the tower
on some models. Am I correct in thinking that with the HDX-555 it will
be vertical and will not slope back from the tower (because the base of
the triangle is longer than on the smaller towers that use the same
raising fixture)?

3. It is not clear to me from the details of the MCL-100 Limit Switch
Package whether this comes pre-installed and pre-wired or whether the
connections have to be made on site.

Alan NV8A