[TowerTalk] Six Meter Antenna Feedline/Choke

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Thu Oct 19 14:30:15 EDT 2006

  I've been researching 6-meter antennas and found a lot of nice construction articles out there for 3 and 4 element antennas.  Well, running out of time, I purchase a Cushcraft A50-3S for a good price.  In my research, alot of people used a 5-inch diameter roll of coax with 5 turns as a choke balun.  Is that needed?  I understand what it is doing on the antenna, but gee.....its 6 meters.  The Cushcraft has a gamma match feed.  I just don't see the coax radiating that much with just a 100 watt transceiver.

  Just wondering?

  Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common Sense devine?