[TowerTalk] Behringer

Hsu, Aaron (NBC Universal) aaron.hsu at nbcuni.com
Thu Oct 19 16:29:00 EDT 2006

Behringer has a niche...they offer low-cost product to upstarts and
people can't afford more expensive products such as a good Mackie or
Yamaha mixer.  As long as you know the limitations (build quality and
support), Behringer equipment is fine.  Just expect the same level of
support as you paid for the device.

For Hams, being as cheap (and resourceful) as we are, Behringer
equipment fulfills a low-cost need.  I have 2 Behringer mixers and
haven't run into any problems...yet.  But, I do "take care" of all my
electronic equipment to ensure they last longer...YMMV.

However, this doesn't excuse Behringer from what they did that provoked
the NAL.  The fine amounts to just under $1.00 per unit imported...a
reasonable amount.

73,

  - Aaron Hsu, NN6O (ex-KD6DAE)
    {nn6o}@arrl.net