[TowerTalk] Strange problem

Carol Richards n2mm at comcast.net
Fri Oct 20 16:10:40 EDT 2006

Hello....

I recently put a new rf choke on my 204ba ( 12 turns, 11 inch diameter as per the hy gain manual) and 135 feet of 1/2 inch hardline. Swr is good, directivity is fine. Problem....the 204ba at 90 feet is 10 to 20 db down on the short path to EU as compared to my TH6DXX at 50 feet. (as reported by the europeans).

Question....is this just a propagation problem or is there another problem? The choke is made of new RG 213 and the short piece of coax to the panel is also new RG 213. Any help?   I am getting frustrated fast.

Carol