[TowerTalk] quick disconnect PL259

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Sat Oct 21 13:04:38 EDT 2006

> FWIW I have had some of those push-on PL259 adapters in service for
> 25 years and have yet to experience a problem at HF. I have
> run 1500 watts through them for extended periods CW/SSB.

What Paul said....

When we redesigned the JSCARC (W5RRR) club station, we made an equipment
antenna patch panel with jumper cables with push-on connectors on both ends.
The primary reason was to make it as easy and simple as possible for
operators to disconnect rigs and antennas before leaving the shack.

Over the 20 or so years they have been in place, they've worked very well
with the equipment we have and have had at the club: (had) Collins S-line
with 30S1, KWM-2A/30L1's, Ten-Tec Triton IV/SB-200; (have) FT1000d/FL7000,
IC-781/IC4-KL (4KL now kaput and gone), and TS-950sd/TL-922a stations.

73,
Dale, kg5u