[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain T2X Rotator Question

Bill Jackson k9rz at radiks.net
Sat Oct 21 22:41:28 EDT 2006

Hello Towertalkians,

This is a question for those of you who rebuild your own Hy-Gain rotators.

I am in the process of rebuilding a T2X.  It appears that the motor shaft has excessive vertical play, which is allowing the bottom of brass pinion on the motor to catch on the third spur gear.  I assume the top of motor shaft is supposed to have some type of retaining ring to keep the shaft from dropping down inside the motor.  Can anyone tell me what type of retaining ring this is?  It is not listed or shown on the parts diagram, since it is a sub-part of the motor assembly.  Hopefully I can find a suitable substitute at the local hardware store.  The motor assembly is $70.00!

Thanks in advance.

73 de Bill