[TowerTalk] stacking questions

Gregg Seidl k9kl at centurytel.net
Tue Oct 24 21:34:29 EDT 2006

Well this antenna season is almost over so its time to start thinking about
next year..........!I've been thinking about stacking 2 tribanders with a
shorty 40 above the upper tribander.I have stacked 2 6M-7JHV's and I'm
impressed so I think I might do the same with tribanders.I'm thinking about
an 80-90 foot tower with a TH-7,X-7 or Skyhawk for the tribanders above that
would be a CC 40 meter beam,8-10 feet above.At maybe the 40 foot level I
would put an IIX swinging gate and put another (same ) tribander and use
Comtek stack match.Ithink this would be a really nice arrangement.Any
thoughts.I live near Green Bay,WI and want to be loud in Europe.I want to be
competive in contests but I know about stacked stacks and such.I want to be
a "2nd tier" station.Is there a formula to figure out how far you need tp
pull out the top guys in order to have x amount of clearance at x amount of
height.It been awhile since if been in high school math.  Gregg  K9KL