[TowerTalk] Tower Newbie (Grand Rapids, MI)

petr at latestwave.com petr at latestwave.com
Thu Oct 26 15:18:00 EDT 2006

Good afternoon,

I?m new to towers and wondering if anyone could give me advice.  I would like
to put up an 80?self-supporting tower.  Here are some additional
requirements:
1.	I would like to put three antennas (cyclone, canopy, colubris @ 16lbs/7sqft)
and still have the ability to climb to the top of the tower after install (say
a technician weighs 250 lbs), would this make the tower heavy-duty?
2.	I?ve checked with the township/county zoning/inspection, for Georgetown
Township in Ottawa County, Michigan and they told me the wind load is 90 mph
and snow load is 35-40 lbs.
Could anyone recommend manufacturers/retailers of towers that would fit these
criteria?  Is there a market where I could find used towers?  Are there any
tower experts in the W. Michigan area that could verify the wind/snow loading?

Thank you,
Petr
Grand Rapids (Georgetown), MI