[TowerTalk] Skilfast mast - how to measure tension on guys

Graeme & Donna holman at westnet.com.au
Fri Oct 27 10:12:48 EDT 2006

Hello, I have been onsite before and am in a quandary. We are ready to erect
the mast (600mm triangle section 40metres, 3 sets of guys on 3 sides) and
need to know how to tension without sophisticated measuring devices. I heard
hitting the wire and counting time for the oscillation to return, also have
seen the Loos Tension device and wondering if this could be fabricated to
suit a given wire diameter and tension.any ideas

Graeme Holman, Bunbury, S/W of Western Australia.