[TowerTalk] Using US Tower HDX-572MDPL Raising Fixture

Jim Hoge knowkode at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 28 20:37:09 EDT 2006

Mike,

  I had a Triex LM470E tower with a raising fixture and I always encountered the same problem. My solution was to tie a rope near the top of the tower and have someone tugging on it as I let out the line from the raising/lowering winch. In the absence of a second person, I'd just pay out a bit of winch line and then tug on the rope. This event was something I would only rarely do as it was more trouble than it was worth (5 bolts per leg) to lower the tower for maintenance. I'd just climb the retracted tower to do my antenna work. Tilt-over towers are nothing more than a sales pitch. Get the tower up and leave it that way.

  Good luck,
  Jim W5QM