[TowerTalk] Adding tower height

w2id at optonline.net w2id at optonline.net
Mon Oct 30 13:13:08 EST 2006

Hi Bryan,

When you originally put up this tower, did you leave enough extra length in the guys to raise them up the tower a few feet?

Pythagorus will tell you how much extra (currently unused) length you will need when you raise each guy:
(h2^2 + r^2) ^ 0.5   - (h1^2) + r^2) ^ 0.5  feet of guy,
where h1 is the original (lower) height, h2 is the new (heigher) height for that guy, and r is the horizontal distance to the anchor, assuming it is at the same elevation as the tower base.

Have fun!

John
W2iD