[TowerTalk] Rotator cable length

W3YY w3yy at cox.net
Fri Sep 1 19:22:34 EDT 2006

Tom -

The limitation on length is primarily just the ohmic losses in the cable, so
just calculate what the loss of 300' of #14 wire is and then what length of
#12 (or whatever you want to use) gives you the same loss.  That's tells you
how much longer the run can be using #12 (or whatever).

I thiink the ARRL Handbook has the data you need.  If not, there are
probably a million references on the web.

73, Bob - W3YY