[TowerTalk] Black fungus on copper wire

K8RI on TowerTalk K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Sep 4 00:38:57 EDT 2006

As I recall my chemistry which was a long time ago, It shouldn't be a fungus
as copper is used, or rather was used in some very strong fungicides.
it's more than likely an oxide. As I recall sulfides and chlorides will be
greenish. and if it's down wind from a chimney all bets are off as to what
compound is forming although that would most likely produce some
copper/suphur compound.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com (Use return address from home page)