[TowerTalk] Comparison between SteppIR and Cushcraft Log Periodic?

Scott Honaker scotthon at pilchuckvet.com
Wed Sep 6 02:38:20 EDT 2006

For me the visual impact of the SteppIR is a clear advantage.  I'm looking
forward to upgrading my 3 element with the new 30/40m driven.  This small
antenna size lets me add additional antennas for VHF/UHF on the same mast
without overloading.

I did buy the 6m passive element because I enjoy 6m.  Although it does work
on 6m and the passive element clearly helps, it's no great performer.  You
can clearly take advantage of good 6m openings but if you want serious 6m
performance, you want a separate 6m antenna.  I'll likely remove the passive
element when it goes up next time.  I'll have a dedicated 6m Hygain up
there.

Scott N7SS