[TowerTalk] Kellums Grips

Nick Pair daweezil2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 19:20:29 EDT 2006

Hi all,

  Most of the ones we use up here in north west are stainless steel and are purchased through the electrical distributors. They come in many types, even ones you can add to cables Alli ready strung without threading cable end through it. They also have a large variety of terminations all the way From the simple loops to threaded fittings you can thread into conduit couplings or fittings like T's or LB's. The pricing between a plated steel and the stainless is so small that the wholesale house just stocks stainless. Some utility companies use plated but they buy in bulk directly.
  If your frugal(as most hams like me are) you cam even make your own out of UV resistant 1/8 cord that will hold up as long as most non heliax  coax will. Two 3 foot pieces and a little Scotch 33+ and you never have to worry about your coal slipping down and putting a strain on Ty Wraps.
  I would recommend these for any runs over 70 feet vertical and as a bonus they are great for pulling the coax up during installation.
  A win win situation for me.
  YMMV

  Nick
  WB7PEK